This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for The Three Chimneys & House Over-By
A 5 star Restaurant with Rooms located on the shores of Loch Dunvegan on a single track road (B884) Between the villages of Dunvegan (5 miles) and Glendale (3 miles). The restaurant is on ground level with access via a slabbed path. A wheelchair access toilet is available in the restaurant. We have 6 bedroom suites in The House Over-By, all of which are on the ground floor. One suite is specifically designed for wheelchair access. A disabled parking bay with a ramp offers direct access to the main Reception are in The House Over-By.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01470 511 258 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The nearest Train Station is Kyle of Lochalsh and is 51 miles away.
- Accessible taxis are available in the area but would need to be booked in advance.
- We are in a remote location and public transport is very limited, please call for advice on how best to reach us without a car.
- We offer our room tariff and sample menus in large print.
- Full directions are available in PDF format from our website or can be posted.
Car Parking and Arrival
- There is a small car-park adjacent to The Restaurant with access to a path over gravel, the distance form the parking area to The Restaurant door is approximately 6 meters.
- Resident parking is available in our car park next to The House Over-By where a designated wheelchair access space is available. From here there is direct access to the main entrance and reception area via a ramp which is 6 metres from the parking space.
- The main entrance is 900mm wide and has a small lip.
- Assistance is available on arrival for help with luggage.
- Guests are welcomed in Reception which is level throughout where they are asked to register. Seating is available 2 upright chairs and small sofa. The floor is wood, the area is evenly and well lit with ceiling and wall lights. There is a large pendant light over the Reception desk.
- A magnifying glass, pen and pad are available on request.
- Guests are shown the guest lounge/breakfast room and their bedroom. An explanation is given on how to reach the Restaurant. Our lounge Host escorts all diners across to The Restaurant for dinner in the evening.
- All of our 6 suites are on ground level.
- We have 1 room specifically designed for easy access (Room 6) Our other 5 rooms are split-level and divided by 3 small steps and a balustrade. A handrail and night light are above the small steps.
- The entrance to the room is 900mm wide and is reached along a short wooden floored corridor with jute runner from the main reception area.
- The room can be made as a King Size Double or Twin bedded with 2 single beds, there is also a Sofa-Bed available for a third occupant.
- Small furniture can be easily moved or removed if required.
- The height of all of the beds from the top of the mattress to the floor is 601mm (2ft)
- Bedrooms are bright and evenly lit with wall lights which can be dimmed, bedside lights and side light by the sofa.
- The floor is solid, even wood with a jute rug beneath the coffee table and a sheepskin rug at each side of the bed.
- All Rooms are decorated in neutral colours with contrasting woodwork.
- Non feather bedding is available on request.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms & Toilets (En-suite or Shared)
- The en-suite bathroom in Room 6 has level direct access from the bedroom and is fully tiled.
- The door opening to the bathroom is 800mm
- There is a separate shower.
- The bathroom is well lit by several ceiling hallogen spot lights.
- Horizontal and vertical grab rails fitted either side of the WC and in the shower
- Height of the washbasin is 700mm
- Height of the WC is 400mm
- Taps on the handbasin and bath are single lever.
- Rubber non-slip mats provided for the bath and shower.
- A shower stool is available.
Public Areas - Halls, Stairs, Landings, Corridors
- We have no stairs on landings within the buildings. All rooms and public areas are on the ground floor.
- All corridors are wooden floored with jute runners.
- Lighting is bright and is a combination of ceiling and side lights.
Public Areas - Lounge
- The guest lounge is accessed directly from the reception area across a level wooden floor through an open archway with a width of 1500mm.
- The room has a mixture of seating with sofas and soft chairs as well as some higher dining chairs without arms, small dining tables and 2 low coffee tables.
- The room has lots of natural light with windows on 2 sides. Lighting is ceiling spot lights with dimmer switches and side lights.
- The floor is wooden with jute rugs under the coffee tables.
- A unisex public toilet is available in The Restaurant with wheelchair access.
- It is accessed through the main top dining room through a door with a 900mm width across level wooden floor.
- Vertical grab rails are fitted to either side of the WC and hand basin.
- The toilet height is 400mm
- The washbasin height is 700mm and has a single lever tap.
- There is a clear space for a wheelchair to the right side of the WC which is 800mm wide.
- The Toilet is well lit with several ceiling halogen spot lights.
- The Restaurant dining room is accessed from the front of the building and is at ground level. For residents in The House Over-By, access is across a small courtyard on a slabbed path.
- The Restaurant door opening is 900mm wide.
- The dining room is on one level with adequate space for a wheelchair at the larger tables.
- The dining chairs are upright with curved sides.
- The floor is wooden.
- In addition to natural light the room is lit by ceiling spot lights, down lights, wall candles and table candles.
- Crockery is colour contrasted with the table.
- We offer a table service and are able to cater for varying dietary requirements. Please advise when making a booking.
- We have a set of evacuation procedures - should you require it, someone will come to your room and assist you with evacuation.
- Free Wifi is available in The House Over-By.
- We have tried to ensure each door frame contrasts in colour with the surrounding wall.
- We can offer a list of local attractions, galleries and workshops to visit in the area.
- Assistance dogs are always welcome in the Restaurant and our Accommodation.
- Installation of a Hearing Loop at Reception.
- Key staff members to complete Accessible Tourism Training Programme